Sunday, December 29, 2013

Going Back To What I Know

As I sat here at the computer the other day while being logged into a chat site room, it finally occurred to me to ask the website owner about the Amazon Associate program and how it works with the widget he had displayed.  It really got me thinking about what I can possibly do to make an income during such a hard time for me now that I'm three years in the running with no job.

First of all, it's so disheartening to look at all these job opportunities and as I read the details I find something in the qualifications or experience they are looking for that I just don't have.  However, when I look at these positions, I can tell that I can do the rest of the job.  Yet, they want that specific qualification and/or experience.  I find it extremely unfair as it throws me out of the ball park to be in the running.

I began to really think about all this time I spend on the Internet and how it feels like I'm wasting my time and life away.  I love  the Internet, I really do but when what you know doesn't seem to even help you get anywhere it's time to re-evaluate what it is you really want.

The thoughts about the Amazon Associate program have been actually haunting me for longer than what I mention now.  Back in 2004 I used to be an Amazon Seller and those show up listed under the "Used & New" section for products you see on the site.  I was working back then and I had a regular job.  I started going to GoodWill stores and would peruse vigorously the book and music sections.  The results were surprisingly nice.  What began as a tentative look into online income became a secondary job as a business owner entrepreneurship.  I was successful in my venture for three years before I closed the business.

Facing newer possibilities this week put everything in a new light for me.  I have made a new resolve to give an online business venture another opportunity by going back to my roots of what I knew before but with the latest in technology and business options.  Yes, I am indeed going back to what I know.  This time, I will be coupling my past experience with what I have learned in the past five years.  Everything is much more advanced now but I am confident that I can make this work.

I may be ending the year 2013 with a lot of regrets and disappointments, but I am looking forward to bring in the new year of 2014 with new possibilities coupled with everything that I know.


© Libby Baez, All Rights Reserved
Thru Libby Eyes, ©

Images and content may not be reproduced, in part or as a whole, for the purposes of selling or redistribution.


No comments:

Post a Comment