Monday, June 9, 2014

Mr. Blue Eyes

I come into the room and take a seat.  I don't know what class I am in or what I am supposed to do.  I look down at the paper in front of me but don't know what it is.

I hear the voice of a teacher but it is muffled.

Once more I look at the paper and put it in a yellow manila envelope.  I then hear a buzz and I know class is over.  Holding the envelope to my chest, I walk out with my head hanging low and staring down.

Students are milling around in the hallway as I begin to turn around a corner.  It is at this time that I realize I am on the second floor of the building.  The lockers lining against the wall are not typical but, rather, odd looking.  They don't have combinations or use a lock leaving me wondering how to open them.

As I turn another corner, I am still looking for my locker. "This is ridiculous." I think to myself.  Not wanting to look stupid, I turn to my right to face a guy to help me and the first thing that I notice are his eyes.  I am, immediately, captivated by the look in his gaze and find myself speechless.

The effect is instantaneous.  The familiarity calming.  The sense of safety is a natural feeling.  As I look into those blue eyes that look back at me with recognition I realize then that I recognize you.

© Libby Baez, All Rights Reserved
Thru Libby's Eyes

Content may not be reproduced, in part or as a whole, for the purposes of selling or redistribution.

No comments:

Post a Comment