Monday, July 7, 2014

Rap A Tap

Tap, tap, tap
I snap my head up but see nothing

Tap, tap, tap
Once more I lift my head but nothing

Forming a frown I get up
And walk on over to the kitchen window

It's blinds open;
The glass wet from the outside

The tree branches are barren
And not close enough to rap against the window

It's past midnight
All is quiet but the occasional sound of tires on wet asphalt

I turn my sight to my right
-The clock on the wall reads after 2:00 a.m.

I take a breath and exhale
And walk back to my seat

Tap, tap, tap
I scowl back at my screen

Tap, tap, tap
Once more I raise myself

As I walk towards the sound
I still see nothing

Listening intently
Following the sound leads me to the front door

Unlocking the deadbolt
I slowly open the door

And looking straight ahead
See nothing but the trees

As I begin to close the door
My sight pivots downwards for a moment

I see nothing
And shake my head at the nonsense

Turning around to come back to my seat
I stop in my tracks in the middle of the room

Looking back at me
Drenched in water from the rain

Spotted in brown and white
With blue eyes; 

At least 10 years old
Was the dog that I didn't even notice

© Libby Baez, All Rights Reserved
Thru Libby's Eyes, © 

This content may not be reproduced, in part or as a whole, for the purposes of selling or redistribution.

No comments:

Post a Comment