Friday, November 22, 2013

Respect Yourself First - It Goes A Long Way

"I can't respect anyone who doesn't respect themselves first. If you can't respect yourself enough to take care of you first, then you have no business trying to gain the respect of another person and their trust."

I made that statement today and I believe every last word I uttered.  It leads me to state as follows:

• If I can't respect you, you will never gain my trust.
• If you can't respect me, I won't respect you.
• If you can't respect yourself, don't expect a pity party.  You put yourself into the predicament you have.

How to respect yourself:

• Stop dwelling on the past
• Stop being negative
• Wake up every day with a positive outlook on the day
• Take care of your health
• Stay out of bed during the day if you don't work
• Keep yourself busy with activity that will give you a better rest at night
• Help yourself first so that you can be more useful to others
• Be yourself - Don't try to be what you are not
• Get involved with organizations in your community that you support
• Meditate once a day

© Libby Baez, All Rights Reserved
Thru Libby's Eyes, ©

Photo Credit: © Libby Baez

Image and content may not be reproduced, in part or as a whole, for the purposes of selling or redistribution. 


No comments:

Post a Comment